Monday, October 22, 2007

How To: Smokey Eye

The Smokey Eye is one look that I think, when done correctly, looks good on everyone no matter the shape of your eyes. The classic is black but you can really do any color (blue, green, purple, etc) as long as it looks good with your eye color and skin tone. I found a great site that has great step by step instructions on how to create this dramatic look: Rachel13's Makeup Tutorials


I use many of the tools she recommends, like M.A.C.'s Fluidline in Blacktrack and the 266 angled eyeliner brush. Often I do a smokey look but I don't cover my whole eyelid in black. I keep the dark color mostly in the outer half of my lid and below the brow bone, to create depth and drama, and I use a shimmery lighter color on the inner half of my lid. My favorite of all time is M.A.C's Phloof (Frosted off-white)! It goes with everything and works great for me all alone, or just with black eyeliner.
The most important thing when creating a smokey eye is to SMUDGE all the products together! The look should be a little messy, no harsh lines anywhere! Blend, blend, blend! Don't be afraid to go dark and dramatic with a deep even vibrant color, it really is great fun! One word of advice though, the smokey eye is best kept for the evening hours.

Smudge Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: