Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Milano Moda Donna Autunno/Inverno 2008/2009: Makeup Looks

I am a sucker for Italian fashion, culture, food, language, you name it (except for the men... they are too short!). So tonight, even though I'm exhausted, I would post a few looks from the shows going on right now in Milan. I was fortunate to go Milan during fashion week a few years back when I was studying there, and sneak in the back for a few shows. But now all I can do is browse through Style.com's coverage and hope that they have detail shots so I can check out my favorite part: the makeup! Here are a few so far:

Alberta Ferretti:
The black rimmed eyes are so striking and yet simple. I love that all the models had smooth, long straight hair, parted to the side and pull slightly away with a simple bobby pin. So simply chic.

Bottega Veneta:
I LOOOOVE the violet eyes. Such a fun use of unexpected color and delight. I even think this can work off stage. It's crazy without being over the top, not to mention gorgeous!

Roberto Cavalli:
She really does look like a princess. The pink flushed cheeks are so pretty and match her pink lips perfectly. It's like she jumped straight out of a fairytale.

Gucci:
A classic Gucci look. The dramatic, almost over the top smokey eye. So sexy and yet always in style. It's just Gucci, damn it.

Marni:
A beautiful berry stained lip, very on trend with the other shows this fall, seen a lot in New York. A beautiful way for a woman to express her femininty without going too red and bold.

Prada:
I think Prada is always my least favorite. This look is way too.... ugly...???... for me. I hate the big prominent eyebrow thing. I can't wait for that to go out of style, and the brown wings on the eyes just makes her look sort of alien. Yuck.

What you you guys think? Which is your favorite? I think I love the violet look from Bottega Veneta, because it is the most fun and yet flattering. I just love makeup as ART!

Browse Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: