Wednesday, June 18, 2008

L'Oreal Skin Genesis Review

I had the opportunity (Thanks Total Beauty) to try two of L'Oreal's new highly advanced products from their Skin Genesis Line. They call it Multi Layer Cell Strengthening Skincare. Basicaly they have developed this patented ingredient, Pro-Xylane™, an exclusive L’OrĂ©al molecule that strengthens skin and reignites cell activity layer by layer, and combined it with hyaluronic acid, a natural hydrator found in your skin. These together are supposed to strengthen and tighten your skin, while evening out its tone. Here are my thoughts:

L'Oreal Paris Skin Genesis Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate: I have to admit, I think I'm too young for this product, but I was given the chance to review it so I thought I would give you all my honest opinion, even if it's from a young perspective. I like this serum well-enough, but I didn't seem to see much of a change in my skin. It feels fine when I put it on and it absorbs pretty quickly, which is good since you need to wait until it does to apply the moisturizer (which I did like). The technology behind it does sound convincing, and maybe I need to look at it as a preventative product. I may not have aged skin yet, but if I use this I might hold it off that much longer. At $20, its not so expensive to unwarrant a shot!

L'Oreal Paris Skin Genesis Daily Moisturizer: I liked this light-weight moisturizer a lot. It gave my combo skin just enough moisture without making it greasy a few hours later. It doesn't have suncreen, which bummed me out a bit since I still have to put one on top, but it makes my skin very soft and makes makeup glide on very nicely. Its a bit pricey at $24 for a drugstore product, but they often have sales and two-for-one offers, so keep your eyes out for a deal and try it out. I do love the packaging on both products though. It is very sleek and sophisticated for a drugstore line. Good job L'Oreal.

Test Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Always In Style said...

I tried the eye serum and was highly disappointed - $20 bucks down the drain with nothing to show for it. Plus it burns my eyes - not good!