Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jan Marini Skin Research, Week 1

A huge perk of starting this blog has been getting to try out some amazing and yet out of my price range products. I never dreamed I would get this opportunity all because I wanted to start a hobby with my product obsession! Anyways, the other day Jan Marini Skin Research in San Jose send me some of their fabulous very exclusive skin care products to try out and I wanted to share with you my experiences thus far. I know from experience that it takes longer than a week to see serious changes in your skin. Especially since I've had such terrible breakouts and blackheads for so long now, I don't expect anything to work wonders overnight.

So far though, I like what I am experiencing. Most importantly, I am enjoying using the products which means I have been keeping it up and applying them almost every day morning and night. This isn't always easy for me since I'm constantly on the go and always wanting to try new things. But anyways here are the products and my thoughts:

Bioclear Lotion: I apply this lightweight treatment after I wash my face. It contains both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid, so it really works to exfoliate the dead skin on my face (the AHA, glycolic) and clean out my pores (the BHA, salicylic). It dissolves very quickly and doesn't leave my face feeling sticky. Though I think that has to do with the other products being put on top of it.

C-esta Serum: This one was a surprize to me. I am not sure I've seen a complete transformation of my skin yet, but I love how this stuff feels! Its a milky consistancy and it smells like something fruity. It smooths into my skin in a second and leaves it feeling soft. It contains a lipid soluble vitamin C that s supposed to improve skin elasticity and uneven pigment. I'll give it a few more weeks before I judge its full potential.

Transformation Cream: This cream is a lovely way to hydrate my combination skin. It gives me all the mositure I need without feeling oily or thick. A little goes a long way and it absorbed right away. There is some serious scientific research behind the interesting ingredients (Hyaluronic Acid and Nayad™ to name a few) but all I know is that is makes my skin feel smooth and soft.

Antioxident Face Protectant: This is the best facial sunscreen I've ever tried. Hands down. That says a lot, right? Well, its light-weight, smells nice and absorbs super quick. That is my biggest pet-peeve, sunscreens that just lay on top of your skin forever and never blend in! This one is even SPF 30 and it goes on like a light cream. I just learned about the dangers of free radicals so its nice to know I'm not only protecting myself from the sun but those nasty free radicals too!

So there you go. So far, my skin is still breaking out but that is to be expected since so many of my pore were clogged to begin with. Hopefully in an another week or so I'll see fewer pimples and more clear pores. I'll keep you posted!

Skin Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

marisol said...

I've never heard of this product line but I am intrigued.

Unknown said...

If you use any of these products again (which I recommend because I love them!) I recommend getting them from www.AgelessApple.com.
They have super low prices and you get your order really quick. I also love the fact that they donate 10% of their profits to animals in need. Anyway, just tryin to save ya some change :)