Sunday, April 6, 2008

Find A Great Mascara With Help From Splendora

I'm always on the lookout for a new fabulous mascara and it's easy to want to try new ones all the time since I try and replace mine every three months (and you should too!). The other day I got an email from an editor of Splendora, linking me to their mascara challenge results. I hadn't heard of Splendora but now I'm a member and a big fan, especially since they are based in my city!

Their mascara challenge compared drugstore and department store mascaras separately which I think is fair. I wasn't too surprised at some of the results (beauty bloggers write about Chanel and Lancome all the time!) but I am certainly going to get some of the highly rated ones I haven't tried. They didn't test L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara, a longtime favorite drugstore mascara of mine (**CORRECTION: yes they did, I missed in on the list, silly me!**) and MAC's Zoomlash didn't even make it into the runners up! Mascara is such a personal thing though. Everyone has different ideas about how they want it to go on and look. The descriptions of the top 5 are helpful since they point out what they liked and didn't like about each one.

Check out Splendora's other features too, like their city guides, classified ads. It looks like a great resource for all things stylish. Like I really needed one more website to look at for fashion and beauty!

Lash Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the mascara challenge. can't wait to try the winners. oh and i did see at the end that they did test voluminous.....must not have made it to the end!