Saturday, December 20, 2008

DERMAdoctor Physical Chemistry Facial Microdermabrasion

It is not often that I share with you all a product I don't like, but I have seen so many positive reviews of this product, I feel I have to add my two cents. I read about DERMAdoctor's Physical Chemistry in Allure magazine awhile back. They said it was the closest thing you could get to a microdermabrasion at home because of the high acid percentage. I got a jar of it from a friend who had tried it once and thought it didn't compare to her beloved ExfoliKate by Kate Somerville. Thank god I didn't purchase it, because at $75 for 1.7oz. this stuff is not cheap! Well, after a few uses my reaction was the same as my friend's. It didn't really seem to do a whole lot. Usually after a great exfoliate, my skin feels smoother and looks brighter. Neither was happening after this stuff sat on my face for a few minutes. So anyways, I thought you should know if your were in the market for a new exfoliant, try anything else, namely my favorites: Philosophy's Micro Delivery Peel or ExfoliKate.

Exfoliate Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Thanks for the heads up about the Dermadoctor. Here's a great vid I found that has tips on maintaining healthy skin no matter what skin type you have. http://www.salonhive.com/videos/video/2/Facial-Skin-Care-Free-Online-Tips-for-Maintaining-a-Healthy-Face--Using-Facial-Scrub-Free-Online-Tips-for-Maintaining

Anonymous said...

I have found Dermalogica exfoliants to be very effective! After using Daily Microfoliant, I feel like I just had a facial. I think the key to a good exfoliant is Lactic Acid (or Salicylic Acid if your skin is oily) and Rice Bran (which does an amazing job of brightening my skin).