Monday, March 30, 2009

Smashbox Spring Muse Collection

It has been exceptionally beautiful and sunny here in San Francisco the past few days. I'm really hoping this means spring is here to stay, which makes me very happy since Spring is my favorite season. It means breaking out the bright and light colors again and showing a little more skin (even if at first it is stark white like my legs!) in cute dresses and flip flops.

Smashbox's Spring 2009 Muse Collection is all about unleashing your inner artiste and playing with the fun colors of spring. I love the white packaging on the compacts, with random splatters of color. Makes me excited to dip and dab into them. I got to try two things from the collection, a lip paint in artiste and the blush rush in masterpiece. Here is what I thought.

The muse lip paint ($21) is a pretty nice lip gloss; not too sticky and has a nice shine with a touch of glitter in it. The tube was a little frustrating at first, because when you pull out the wand, there is next to nothing on it. I dipped in like 5 times the first time I applied it. Ugh. But then I realized I could also squeeze the tube and push the gloss up out of the tube that way. This worked a bit better, since I got more gloss on the wand, but be careful not to squeeze too hard or the gloss will go everywhere. I liked the color of artiste as a nice neutral pink, but if you want a color with lots of pigment, look elsewhere. It seems to work best on fair skin tones or people who don't already have a colorful pout naturally.

The muse blush rush in masterpiece ($24) is a pretty spring blush. As I said, I love the packaging, but since it is made from paper, I don't think it will hold up for a super long time, especially if you carry it around your makeup bag everyday. The peachy coral pink color seemed a little on the pale side in the package, but I was surprised by how much pigment went on to my cheek. I actually had to wipe off a bit because I went overboard. Seeing that, I think it might work for darker skin tones as well as fair.

I would love to try the artiste eye palette ($48). It has a whopping 10 eye shadow shades and comes with a brush! I can just imagine all the fun spring-y looks I could come up with. The cream eye liner pencils also look like fun ($36 for set of 4). The collection is available now at smashbox.com, Sephora, Ulta, and Nordstrom.

Muse Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: