Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Homemade Pedicure Prep from a Pro

It is that time of year when having beautiful, soft, well-groomed feet is very important. I know I don't always have time to get a professional pedicure every 2-3 weeks, so I end up doing it myself. Besides trimming up my toes and painting, I sometimes like to treat my feet to some extra care. Here is a fun, at-home treatment you can make with ingredients from your fridge! IT was developed by Skyy Hadley, the owner of As “U” Wish Nail Spa in Hoboken, NJ.

Light Cucumber Shell Mask

Take 2 whole cucumbers (one per foot), 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix in a blender until pureed. Put the mixture in a bowl and heat it up to a warm temperature. Place half of the mixture into one large Ziploc baggie and half in a second baggie. Slide your feet right into each baggie, rubbing the cucumber mask all over your feet. Leave on for 5-10 minutes then rinse with warm water. The cucumber is extra refreshing and reviving for tired toes, the lemon helps exfoliate, and the olive oil deeply moisturizes for super softness!

Sooth those toes lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: