Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

If you don't know already, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am going to dedicate as many product reviews and articles as I can this month to products and companies that are dedicating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research.

Cosmetics have been promoting "pink" products for a long time. I think it is a great to bring together products that women love and an issue that effects a great number of us and our loved ones. But I advise looking at the fine print when purchasing products that promise (that's a lot of p's!) to donate proceeds from the sale to breast cancer, or any charity for that matters. Usually it is only a percentage of their profit and often there is a cap on how much they will end up actually donating. I feel like more often than not, they are legitimate and open about it but you can never been too educated about the products you are buying and what they are promoting. A great website to check out regarding this movement is ThinkBeforeYouPink.Org.

I am going to try to review and promote as many Pink products as I can this October but there are other ways you can help out the cause, like checking out the chip in widget on my left sidebar from The Beauty Blog Network. I am participating in our awesome promotion Comments for The Cure! I pledge to donate $1 for every comment I receive on any pink product reviews I do during the month of October, with a cap at $100, to the Susan G. Komen Find A Cure Foundation! So watch for my reviews on BCA products and get to posting!Comment Lovely!

bbnbca, c4ac

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

marisol said...

I will try to do my best to comment.

Amanda said...

Thanks for what you are doing in the fight against breast cancer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this on your site, it's a great cause and it's something I am aware of every single day in my job. Keep up the great work!