Monday, December 17, 2007

Prime It Up Right

I am relatively new to the world of primers, but so far, I am loving the concept! Creating a smooth, silky base for your makeup to set on makes perfect sense. And they make your makeup last longer, who wouldn't want that?



I tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion on a recommendation from my blogging friend i♥make-up. So far, I love it! It comes in a tube with a sponge swab, kinda like a lip gloss container. I just dab a bit on my lids, and then blend all over. It drys quickly and then I apply my shadow over it, which seems to go on smoother and more vibrant. It is basically colorless, which I like since it doesn't change the color of my shadows or liner. For $15, its a steal!


As I posted the other day, I tried out the small bottle of Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($15.50) because I was sick of hearing all the hype. Had to try it out myself. Well, it feels amazing on the skin, so smooth and soft and matte. My only complaint was after the bottle sat on my shelf for two days, when I when to squeeze it out this morning, an oily substance came out first. This might be because its in a squeeze bottle instead of a pump jar like the bigger size, but it made me think I should try out the oil-free Light formula next time since I do have oily, acne-prone skin at times.

Prime Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Urban Decay eyeshadow primer is the best! It is one of my must have all the time beauty items (Beauty.com has it for 2 for $25 in a set).

Have you tried the Laura Mercier foundation primer? I like it better than the smashbox.