Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Use Your Common Scents

I took advantage of the Sephora's Friends and Family Discount to pick up Gwen Stefani's new Fragrance L by L.A.M.B. ($55 for 1.7oz.) because I really enjoyed the scent in the store. I still like it, but I am so not satisfied with its staying power. I know that after you spray perfume, your nose gets used to it and you can't smell it on yourself after awhile. But L hardly lasts at all. It is the perfect mix of citrus, floral, and a touch of musk, but who would ever know?! It disappears on me 5 minutes after I spray it. I am so very sad. I'll continue to wear it as an everyday scent until its used up, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

Along with my purchases, I got to pick three sample products. I picked three perfumes because they are the biggest samples available, and as I just pointed out, its best to sample a perfume a few times before purchasing a whole bottle! Well, my favorite one is Tocca's Florence ($68 for 1.7oz.). Not only does the city hold a special place in my heart (Fall '05, oh memories!) but the scent is delicious and quite intense. Of course I like because it has grapefruit leaves in it, one of my ultimate favorite scents, along with something called cabbage rose, a old European garden rose. It is quite floral, but very unique. Darn it, I have such good (read: expensive) taste!

Smell Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: