Thursday, January 31, 2008

An Attack on Our Integrity!

The New York Times ran an article today that has the Beauty Blogging community in an uproar and with good reason. Kayleen Scheafer basically presents beauty bloggers as swag-hungry products whores, who only do it for the free stuff companies send them! The article is so biased and twisted I can't even belive it.

Yes, I am sure there are bloggers out there who write raving reviews about products they get for free, but the majority of bloggers do it out of sheer love of the product and passion for the beauty industry, such as myself. I have never received anything for free, and granted I am new at this but even if I were to receive anything, I would still publish my honest opinion on the product. Bloggers are generally up front about the freebies they get, where as magazine editors often have positivity contracts and get major perks (vactions, designer hand bags, etc.) that they don't disclose to the reader.

There are thousands of beauty bloggers out there and I'm willing to bet that the majority of them are just like me, doing it out of passion not greed for free "swag"! Any press is good press, but lets see some letters to the editor, defending our integrity as Beauty Bloggers ladies!

Fight Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

CC said...

I think most of us beauty bloggers do it as a hobby!!!
and if we manage to get some samples to try and review than so be it.
Sure, the likes of Kristen from Beauty Addict have made a career out of it but that is just for her luck and she is obviously good at what she does!

Jamie said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I wrote about it today too. It's pretty infuriating!