Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Great Volumizing Haircare

The saleswoman at Pure Beauty sold me on a product I already knew I liked, but wasn't sure about the high price. My old hair stylist back in Seattle always used Alterna products on me and my mom and I loved the way they made my hair smell and feel. But how the cleaver woman at PB sold me was explaining about Sulfate-free shampoo. Apparently, most shampoos have sodium sulfate as one of the first ingredients. It's what makes them lather up nice and soapy. But in fact, it strips away too much oil and your high priced highlights! No way! So I purchased Alterna's Life Solutions Volume Restore Shampoo and Conditioner. For $25 bucks each, they better last me forever, but so far I am liking the results. My hair feels soft and light, nothing draging it down. It still needs to get washed everyday, but it smells delicious when I do. Ah, what we do for beauty!

Soap (sulfate-free) Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, sadly, this ingredient is in everything. And I do mean everything. Go home, check your bottles.... and anything that says sodium or laureth or some version of that has it. Some things are so prevalently used, its almost impossible to get away from....

http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-laureth-sulfate.html