Monday, June 30, 2008

Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

The other day I literally had 5 minutes to run into Sephora and get a foundation powder to replace my Laura Mercier Mineral powder that had run out. Unfortunately the Sephora store in downtown San Francisco doesn't carry Laura Mercier so I was forced to look elsewhere. I've been meaning to try out some more of Make Up For Ever's products so after running around the store, I headed straight to their display and saw their Super Matte Loose Powder. Quick as a flash, I grabbed up what I thought would be a good match for my skin and hurried to the checkout.

Well, I've been using the powder for a week now and I have mixed feelings. It is very matte, which I like, but the coverage is minimal and isn't nearly as buildable as the Laura Mercier. Reading the description on Sephora.com, I now know it is ment more as a setting powder than a foundation by itself. Guess its not always a good idea to grab and go when it comes to makeup. I also think I went a little too light with #14, especially for summer. I've been wearing SPF 30 everyday like a good girl but my skin seems a little tanner than it did a few months ago. Oh well, better luck next time. I think I'll have to head over to the other SF Sephora and pick up the LM powder I love so much. I can use the MUFE as a setting powder, or as a lighter foundation once my skin clears up some more.

Powder Lovely.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

marisol said...

I know that the Sephora on Union Street used to sell Becca. I really like the Finishing Loose Powder. You should check it out if you can.

Always In Style said...

I am addicted to MUFE - don't dismiss them so easily, they have tons of great products in their line!

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite powder is Too Faced's Absolutely invisible. It's the best powder I've ever used.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with a previous post on my adoration of MUFE. The Super Matte Loose Powder is a very different product than the mineral powder you were using before, so it makes sense that it didn't do exactly what you had hoped. Don't despair, though. Your MUFE loose powder will be perfect over a light foundation in the fall to winter when your skin will have less of that summer glow!