Friday, September 28, 2007

Milano Moda Donna la primavera-estate 2008-makeup

Two years ago, I was fortunate enough to go to the first day of Milan's Fashion Week. I was in fashion heaven living in Italy for 4 months, but fashion week in Milan was ridiculous! So many beautiful people and talented designers all in one fabulous city. Most of my favorite designers are Italian and the makeup looks from their Spring 2008 collections did not disappoint! Here are a few I pulled off Style.com for your viewing pleasure:

Pucci
While I'm not crazy about the hair... the extreme side part is far too eighties for me, the makeup is lovely. I like the used of a maroon liner and shadow to make the eyes stand out yet still soft. The pale and shiny lip seems to be the big look for next spring. I'm all for it!



Versace Although this model looks bored to tears, her makeup looks fabulous! Once again, I love the use of gold on the inner corners of the eyes, it gives them serious POP! And the smokey color on the outside is nice, complimented by a nude, matte lip. I don't like the thick, bushy eyebrows though, at least they aren't too dark and filled in a la Sienna Miller!
Dolce and Gabbana Dolce and Gabbana know how to do sex, and what is sexier than red lipstick?! Although, I myself am afraid of the stuff, it looks so good on other people when done correctly. I love this matte raisin-red on this model, but not sure it would work for me.

DSquared The DSquared boys never fail to entertain and inspire me. This cat eye is everywhere, forcing us to breakout the liquid eyeliner to attempt a very difficult look. My advice, use a pot gel eyeliner, like MAC's Fluidliner, followed by a powder black eyeshadow. It makes the dramatic black line a little easier, but no walk in the park. Her cheek color is very sweet too and i love the touch of gold in the corner, again!

Gucci This look to me me is so classic Gucci, it deserves no explanation. Pure Italian Genious.

Marni While I am not sure I'm a fan of Marni's clothes, this eye is awesome. I love the use of color, especially bright pastels like these. It stands out and demands attention, and sometimes (not always, but sometimes) that is what you want makeup to do!

Ciao Bellas!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

nilla cookie said...

I really love the dramatic, yet understated makeup shown here. I think I'll definitely try the gold highlight in the inner corners of the eyes. It really pops and would look amazing for evening!