Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brighten Your Under Eyes

Living with my new kitten is kind of like having a new baby. He literally wakes me up at 5:45 am every morning! Argh. With this disturbance in my sleep patterns has come even larger and darker circles under my eyes. So I have been looking into a few products that will help me solve this beauty dilemma:

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener: This little tub with a handy wand promises to brighten away any darkness that befalls your undereye area, enough so that even the harsh flash of a camera won't scare it. It's super light weight and a sheer shimmering peach that should complement most skin tones. At $18, it is worth a shot, but I wouldn't do wedding photos until you take some test shots.


Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer: This promises not only to hide your circles, but the tiny wrinkles too. It has ingredients to firm as well. Sounds too good to be true?! Well, I tried it and I do like the consistency and coverage a lot, but I got a shade slightly too dark for me. A good rule of thumb when trying to hide circles: go lighter rather than darker if needed. At least at $21 my mistake wasn't so pricey.



Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer: This is known industry wide as the mother of all concealers. I believe YSL was the first to use the click pen brush, but I could be wrong. It seems like everyone now has a copy of it in their line, but none touches YSL. A makeup artist once said all she needs is a light one to create brightness and a darker one to hide blemishes. It goes on super smooth, like silk. At $40, you better freakin love everything about it. Now available at online at Sephora and in select Sephora stores in Septemeber, and of course at YSL beauty counters.

Click Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a new kitten too and he wakes me up a couple of times a night and also wakes me up early in the morning. i totally feel your pain.

i have the ysl touch eclat and it is nice but doesn't cover too much. i do not use it that much anymore since i have found my perfect combo.

i have the make up for ever lift concealer and love it! first i put a drop of benefit high beam under my eyes and pat that in. then i put the make up for ever lift concealer over it. the combo is amazing!

the make up for ever lift gives you great coverage and using benefit high beam under it makes it more reflective and look naturally flawless.