Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Luxe Makeup by Rock and Republic

Clothing labels have been branching out into beauty and fragrance for a long time (think Chanel, YSL, Dior, etc.). So its not THAT weird that Rock & Republic has come out with their own line of beauty products. It is a little strange though that they think they can sell a bronzing/highlighting powder compact for $225!!! The first time I saw that it a magazine, I thought it was a mis-print. Thankfully the rest of their line is much more resonable, if on the higher end of the normal spectrum of prices. And from the few items I've tried, I'd say the quality lives up to the price tag.

The Luxe Lip Gloss ($28) is a great tasting gloss that gives a decent amount of color and lasts a few hours. I got it in Drama Queen, a fun candy pink with a good shine to it. My favorite though was the pressed eyeshadow compacts ($28). The pigment of the two shades I tried (wicked and envy) were absolutely amazing. Very deep colors that are great for using in the crease, and yet have the tiniest bit of sparkle too. There are also matte and satin shades available. The compacts are beautiful and well made, so I guess they are worth the price. They will probably last a long time as well. The line is currently available at select Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus stores.

Rock Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: