Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Makeup Trends from Style.com

Once again Style.com has concisely listed all the trends I have been spotting for this Fall season. They list 12 trends and a few products for each to help you achieve the look on their Beauty School page. While I don't like or agree with some of them (red hair? only if your born with it!), there are a few that I must share.


Smokey Eyes: They were all over the shows both in the fall and spring. I love a good smokey eye, especially when you throw in a little color to mix it up a bit. They recommended Smashbox's Master Class Expert Eyes Kit, Stila's Smokey Eye Palette, and DuWop Payoff Eyeshadow Enhancer, which I just ordered off eLuxury.com (they are offered a free gift with any DuWop purchase, while supplies last!).


Bed Head: Messy, matte hair has been showing up everywhere, even on the red carpet I'm afraid. I kinda like the look, especially if my haircut has chunky layers, and the products I use add massive volume. They recommend John Frieda's Sheer Blonde Tousled Tresses Fine Mist Wax (I'll have to try!) , Bumble and Bumble's Hair Powder, and Aveda's Pure Abundance Hair Potion (I love this stuff! The perfect product for this look, without any sticky clumpy residue!).

Fresh, Clean Face: As my friend pointed out to me, the more makeup you have on, the older you look. So I would love to look like I'm wearing no foundation at all! Style.com recommends these products to help you achieve a fresh, glowing, bare-looking complexion: Philosophy's The Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads to exfoliate dead skin cells and sooth and protect new skin, Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time face primer, and Clinique's Supermoisture makeup to get the bare, dewy look you want with just enough coverage for your imperfections (who doesn't have some!).
Style Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Independently Dependent said...

Can I ask you a stupid question? How do you achieve the smokey eye? I've never been taught the process of it and I would love to see what I look like with it. . . Maybe we can get together soon and you can give me some tips over a bottle of wine!

nilla cookie said...

I have such baby-fine hair that I'm always looking for a great volumizing product. I might try the Aveda product, but let know if you have any other picks! :)