Monday, November 12, 2007

Bargain Beauty Buys

Today I decided to embrace my new-found pauper lifestyle (thank god for Subway's $2.99 special!) and write about some drugstore products that I love. Although I splurge on fancy makeup all the time, there are a few products I buy at the drugstore, and some I even prefer over their expensive sisters at Sephora.



CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner: This self sharpening eyeliner is a fabulous no mess step to flawless lining. I've been using it for almost 10 years! The colors are practical and who wants to mess with sharpeners?! The point stays sharp and you never have to worry about it breaking off in your eye!


L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This is a great drugstore mascara when you are in a pinch. I think it does a decent job at building volume and lasting through the day without smudging. I have to admit to wearing more expensive mascaras more frquently, but I do pick this up when I have forgotten to paint my lashes (which happen to me from time to time...terrible!).


Purpose Moisturizer, Redness Reducing SPF 30: This is a great sunscreen and light moisturizer for anyone who has combination and yet sensitive skin like me. Lots of moisturizers make my face sting, especially if I'm treating my acne with an BHA product, but this does not. I used to use the SPF 15, which is a smidge cheaper, but I opted up for the 30 when I was out in the sun all summer.


L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover: This is my stand by remover, no matter what. It doesn't hurt my sensitive, contact-wearing eyes and it doesn't leave any sort of oily film afterwards. Most importantly it gets everything off, even stubborn waterproof mascara.


Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin: This is a classic face wash, in a slightly stronger formula than the Gentle one, but it works great for combination/acne prone skin like mine. And with the new bottle design, you can feel like you're buying a new fashionable product, instead of a old boring classic. I have the small pump bottle in my shower and it lasts forever.




Bargain Hunt Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the eye make up remover that you recommended. Affordable and gets the job done great. I'm a gal that doesn't mind spending money on beauty products as necessary, but I do LOVE a great bargain. THANK YOU, Beth!!