Friday, November 30, 2007

Holiday Party Essential: Self-tanner

Yesterday I went out and miraculously found a cute party dress for my first holiday party of the year, all in on my lunch break! Seriously, a huge accomplishment for me. But then I realized I had a beauty emergency on my hands: my legs are SCARY white, after being hidden from the light of day since September. What to do, what to do? Well, since I don't believe in tanning beds, I opt for self-tanner.



If I had a week, I would use L'Oreal's Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer every night on my legs after the shower. I've found this builds up to a nice subtle tan without looking fake or orange. The scent isn't off-putting and it really does moisturize very well. It had a bit of shimmer to it, which can transfer to your (black) clothes if you put them on right away, but its pretty non-the less. Since it takes a few days to build up, its pretty hard to screw up. But that's the problem, I don't have a few days, the party is tomorrow!


So, I will use Lancome's Flash Bronzer Glow 'N Wear tonight, and have beautifully tan legs for tomorrow's soirée. I bought the shimmer one, but I think I'll buy the non-shimmer one next time. The shimmer is a bit much for me, especially in the winter. This is one of the best self-tanners on the market because it miraculously doesn't transfer to your clothes or sheets after it drys! It goes on tinted but the color takes about 4 hours to fully develop. Be sure to exfoliate beforehand and be extra careful of your ankles, toes, and knees. I had some funny stripy spots on my feet the first time I tried it!

Bronze Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: