Friday, November 23, 2007

Wishing But Not Buying...Yet.

I am a supporter of the anti-Black Friday movement, aka Buy Nothing Day. The whole concept of a day devoted to buying, buying, buying kinda grosses me out. It reminds me of how obsessed our culture is with consumerism. Of course I am just as guilty as the next guy, especially when it comes to buying beauty products. But for today, I will just look, lust, and linger over my current obsessions and keep my wallet closed:


I really think I need to shape up my wardrobe this winter and get a few more basic, staple items. And who better to take advice from than Tim Gunn and Nina Garcia of Project Runway fame. Make it Work!

Now that I have a new scent, I think the next addition to my product collection should be some new tools. Not powers tools, brushes of course. Bobbi Brown's Pink Quartz Mini Brush Set has the three brushes I really need, and it comes in a cute shiny pink bag. Awww!

When the weather is cold, all I want to do is pamper myself with bath products. Bliss's Merry Citrus set is perfect, and my favorite, Citrusy! Plus, the small sizes are perfect for travel. Who wants to check their bags during the hectic holidays?!

(Window) Shop Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

nilla cookie said...

Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving!

I couldn't resist going to the mall today to see what all the fuss was about. And it wasn't at all what I was expecting. The sales weren't great, although I did snag up a deal on a Philosophy Bubblebath with Shimmer powder for $20!

PS - I have the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush that's in the set you featured and it's one of my favorites! :)

Mikaela said...

Have you read Tim's book yet? I got it recently and it's great. Haven't read Nina's yet, but plan to.

I found you through another site. Your blog is so cute:) And I saw I'm on your blog roll, very, very cool! Being new to all this makes that so exciting for me, thanks!