Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Scrubalicious

As the weather gets cooler and the sun sets even before I get home from work, I become super lazy. Instead of hopping over to the gym, I just want to take a long hot bath to soak out the chill in my bones. I know, I am such a weather wimp! I wouldn't last a week somewhere really cold! To prepare for bath times ahead, I thought I'd share a few body scrubs I love to indulge in. After about 10 minutes in a hot, steamy shower or bath, slather on one of these scrubs and your skin will feel baby soft:

The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Salt Scrub ($26) is a great moisturizing scrub. Best part is you are supporting an association of Ghanaian woman who harvest and sell the Shea butter The Body Shop uses in their products. Its subtle scent and moisture are perfect for the winter months and you can feel good pampering yourself, knowing you are also doing something good for the women of Africa.


Being one myself (a daughter of a Carol), I love Carol's Daughter Groove Sea Salt Scrub ($25) because it uses actual sea salt to scrub and smooth your skin. The scent is a warm and sensual blend of peach, pineapple, musk, sandalwood, and vanilla. Delicious!


For a cheaper fix for dull winter skin, head to Target and pick up Boots Mediterranean Body Scrub in Almond, Olive and Pistachio ($9.99). This very reasonably priced scrub makes you feel like you're at a luxury spa in Greece. Creamy in texture with olive stone granules to exfoliate your dead skin cells, it is certainly a sweet deal.
Scrub Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

nilla cookie said...

The Sea Salt sounds tropical and divine!

I really *heart* exfoliating but I kinda hate the ones with the big scrubbing grains. I really like L'Occitane's Almond Exfoliating Delicious Paste. Top it off with the Almond Milk lotion after the shower and you're all set to go, no perfume needed! :)