Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lovely Locks for Cheap

Sudsing it up this morning in the shower, I realized that all the products I am using on my hair right now are from the drugstore and, believe it or not, I've been having a run of great hair days. While my stylist tells me professional hair products are generally much better for your hair, I think you can find things at Walgreens or CVS that do just fine, especially if you're in a budget crunch like me! Here is what I'm currently using:



John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Volumizing Shampoo, in Honey to Caramel($6.59) This shampoo promises to do the two things I want most: give me volume and help my highlights last. I think it does a decent job at both. John Frieda comes in brunette and red shades as well, if you are of the (natural or otherwise) blonde persuasion. Good plus: it doesn't have a strong smell, good or otherwise.

L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioning Treatment($4.99) A few weeks ago, I noticed how fried my hair was getting especially at the ends, probably due to my incessant blow drying every morning. I can't help it, my fine hair needs that lift! So I went to find a product that could protect and repair my sad, dry ends without weighing it down. The Nutri Gloss can be used after your regular conditioner, or alone, which I have been doing. My ends are looking a little happier and my hair might just last another month before I need to visit my stylist. Thank god, my piggy bag can't take her charms right now!

Garnier Fructis Style XXL Volume Weightless Gel ($3.99) I like this gel because it allows for some control and volume when I'm styling, without adding additional weight to my hair. The best part though is the smell! I love anything fruity, especially in my hair and all the Garnier Fructis products smell delicious.


So for less than $16 I get fabulously volumized, conditioned hair... not bad, eh? This budgeting stuff isn't so bad. Not I just have to stay away from Stila's Virtual Warehouse Sale. Ahh!


Style Lovely!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: